I had the pleasure of joining the St. Mary's County Commissioners, Mayor Dan Burris, and the Maryland State Highway Administration at the Annual CTP meeting tour. Traffic is always a top concern, and we discussed numerous traffic projects of interest to Northern St. Mary's:
- Rt. 5 widening and repaving project through Leonardtown
- Sidewalks on Rt. 245 in Leonardtown
- Stop light at Clark's Rest in Leonardtown
- Stop light at Rt. 5 in Morganza
- Signage at the cross-walk on Rt. 5 Mechanicsville
- Redesign of the stop light at Rt. 5 and Rt. 6 in New Market
- The replacement of the Solomon's Island TJ Bridge
- The mileage tax
I clipped the video from the meeting. Please check it out, and if you have any concerns or comments, please email my office at [email protected]
Can you imagine adopting a beautiful baby boy from the day he was born but, after seven months, having the adoption at risk because of a bureaucratic stalemate? Unfortunately, that is the exact situation Mr. and Mrs. Morris found themselves in. Out of desperation, Andrea's dad, John, called my office, and I am happy to say we had the problem corrected five days later. Last week, their adoption was finalized. I want to congratulate Mom, Dad, and their beautiful baby Ryker! Best wishes for a bright future to them and the entire Morris and Butterfield Family. You all look happy and great together.
Reminder: if you have a constituent issue you think we can help with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.