Much of the legislature’s work is done by its committees.
Committees include standing committees, statutory committees, special committees, and select committees such as county or regional delegations.
Health & Government Operations (HGO)
I serve on the Health and Government Operations committee which is responsible for legislation relating to emergency medical services; health care; health facilities, equipment, and products; health insurance; health occupations and professions; public health, including Medicaid; and long-term care. The Committee also is concerned with laws relating to administrative law; civil rights; State government organization, procedures, and operations; and procurement.
Additionally, I will serve on three sub-committees:
- Government Operations & Long-Term Care
- Public Health & Minority Health Disparities
- Maryland Medicaid Advisory Committee
Tri-County Council Executive Committee
I serve on the Executive Board of the Tri-County Council, as well as the full membership board.
For the past 50 years, the Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland has served as a forum for the resolution of region-wide issues and the attainment of regional goals. The Tri-County Council is a partnership of Federal, State and local governments, established more then fifty years ago as the regional development and planning organization for Southern Maryland.
House Member & Local Delegations
I have membership in the following delegation commitees:
- St. Mary's County Delegation: this is the coalition of state-level elected officials who represent St. Mary's County.
- Southern Maryland Delegation: this is the coalition of delegates who are elected from legislative districts in or shared by Calvert, Charles, Prince Georges or St. Mary's Counties to serve in the Maryland House of Delegates.